Welcome. Let’s ask you this question. Why is it important to understand who you are and the purpose of life? Well .. there’s nothing essentially important to knowing any of this. If you mostly follow the guiding principle of consciously choosing good thoughts, happy thoughts, creatively exquisite thoughts, and don’t take it all too seriously, you’ll do very well in this game of Life On Earth. You’ll be creating by default, but the default will be great because (and we’ll go into this in more detail shortly), your natural state is well being. But most of you at some point in life get curious about why you’re here, and wonder if there’s a way you can consciously create more happy outcomes.
And why not. It just makes sense if you make sense of things. And so here we are, mixing it up with you, responding to your questions and your desires, and exploring with you the ultimate truth about you and your world. So let’s look today, and this week, at some of the beliefs many of you have arrived at by observing your world, beliefs that often derive from a basic misunderstanding of the nature of things. Here are ten things you might have upside down.
1. The truth isn’t complex. It’s elegantly simple.
2. You’re at choice about EVERYthing!
3. Death is NOT a big deal.
4. Your feelings ARE a big deal.
5. Worry creates what you’re worrying about.
6. Bad people don’t go to hell
7. There is no world “out there”
8. Hard work is unnecessary
9. Science is creating not discovering.
10. You don’t have to have faith.
As we examine your beliefs about your world and discover that maybe there’s some things you have upside down, your first reaction will likely be that these new concepts are complex. They are not. Yes, they’re a new way of seeing you and your world, and yes, it may take a bit of getting used to seeing things the right way up, but once you make the mental shift, once you allow yourself to observe things from this new perspective, you move from complex answers to simple answers. You move from questions that lead only to more questions and more stories, to questions that open you up to knowing who you are and what you’re doing here. The truth isn’t complex. It’s elegantly simple. Let’s begin.
1. At the core of everything are these Absolutes.
Firstly, you’re a time-less, space-less consciousness – an always-connected part of the collective consciousness of Source. Secondly, your desires and belief-choices create an expectation map that defines you and the always-matching context that surrounds you.
Within that context you have experiences that give rise to new desires and new choices. With each new choice you step into a new version of you within a new context. This is all there is beneath who you are and why you’re here. This is your ongoing adventure.
Calling it a law doesn’t come close describing how fundamental it is to your existence and your experiences, but one way of expressing those Absolutes is what you call the Law Of Attraction. Some call it different names. Some say there are seven, or twenty, or a hundred other “cosmic” laws, but these are either derivations from the Law Of Attraction, or they’re invented by those who still have the story upside down to some extent and they are therefore, by definition, stuck in complexity. Let’s keep going here, and as we do, allow yourself to get out of the world for a bit. We submit that deep in your heart, you KNOW the truth is fundamental simplicity. Let that knowing be your guide.
2. You’re at choice about EVERYthing! Well .. not the Absolutes – those you’re not at choice about. They just are. But everything else is a choice. Here’s the process. You choose consciously what to believe and expect. You teach your superconscious the new story. When you and your superconscious are in alignment, you step into a new version of you, and a new version of your context (you and your worlds) wraps itself around you. That’s it. We’ll grant you that the teach-your-superconscious part is key to this, and it takes some focus. But literally, there’s nothing you are not in charge of, nothing you cannot change, nothing you cannot be, do or have.
Let’s briefly talk a little about that superconscious of yours and the expectation map you’ve created. This week, and as you all do on occasion, he was being a little careless with his thinking and created a big dispute with his partner in India over product design. And then, having let it sit for a day or two, it suddenly resolved itself in the best possible way. This puzzled him a bit because the result seemed to exceed his expectations. He didn’t feel up to speed with it. He was surprised, and he asked us about it. How this can be is a longer subject than we can take on here today, but in simple terms, this expectation map of yours extends way back into your superconscious, and you don’t consciously engage with the entirety of it.
You could engage with it if you chose to meditate and imagine yourself into that connection, but you don’t usually do so. Those prior decisions of yours extend way back down that chain of connection you have with your higher self, and with us, and with Source. And all the way back down that chain is one common characteristic. You are a joy-seeking being. You are a fun-loving conscious entity, and all of your fundamental choices are in alignment with that. None of them could ever be described as negative. And what this means of course, is that your natural state, your established chosen pattern, is happiness and well-being. So we always encourage all of you to expect a little surprise and delight in each and every day.
3. Death is NOT a big deal. Well it’s not NECESSARILY a big deal. It’s simply another choice you make, and therefore it will be whatever you expect it to be, except that it cannot be of course, the end of everything, because fundamentally there is no end. You simply step outside the restrictions of space and time. You choose a new game. To those of you who have thought of non-physical things as beyond your power to choose, not so. Your context is always a match to you – non-physical just as much as physical. Just be aware perhaps that in that new context, your perspective will be different, and your new decisions will potentially be different sorts of decisions.
4. Your feelings ARE a big deal. Your feelings are not some sort of internal thing you have going on that’s of no real importance. Your feelings are your emotional guidance system. Remember from Absolute #1, you’re an always-connected part of Source. When you pinch off that connection you feel bad because you’re heading away from who you are at your core and from what you want. When you’re moving in alignment with who you are, your heart always sings. So every time you feel bad, be aware that you’re cutting yourself off from the very thing that you came here to do – experience the joy of creating in this very special context of yours, and it’s time to change direction.
5. Worry creates what you’re worrying about. One of our members recently said, “I have to look after Maddie the pup for a few days and I’m worried about it. Surely that’s just natural. I’m preparing for eventualities.” Well, here’s what’s upside down about that. Choosing to worry, (and yes it’s always a choice) is focusing on the possibility or probability that something you don’t want is going to happen, thereby inviting that into your experience. It’s all in how you feel. If you’re in eager anticipation, or if you’re just feeling confident and just making sure you’re got everything covered, or even if you’re just balancing some negative thoughts with some deliberate imagining of good outcomes, you’re on the right track. But worry feels bad. Worry creates what you don’t want.
6. Bad people don’t go to hell. Let’s look at this on three levels. Firstly, good and bad are human judgments. Secondly, if there are “bad” people in your world, they are there and only there because you expect that they will be. Infinite versions of everybody exist, and what appears in your context will be a right-now match to you. And thirdly, there is no absolute place that approximates as a hell, because as we talked about, what exists in any of your realms or contexts is created by your choices. And remember that your natural state is alignment with Source. Like a cork in water, your natural state is to bob to the surface.
7. There is no world “out there”. There is no One World, shared by everybody, that you have to deal with. Your context is a virtual reality. It’s like a movie playing in your mind, and what you’re choosing to believe and line up with, writes your screen play. Into that virtual reality, you attract matching versions of everything and everybody. Everybody you intersect with is faithfully following that screenplay of yours, even as you, in different versions of you, are faithfully following their screenplays. Planet Earth is an illusion. Your experiences are real, but the planet is just the unique stage you’ve set up for the purpose of having those experiences.
8. Hard work is unnecessary. Well while that’s true in an absolute sense of course, we have to qualify that a little. Like everything else in Your World, it will be necessary or unnecessary based upon what you choose to believe. If you believe it’s necessary, then you’d better be ready for some hard work, because without it, you “know” you can’t accomplish much. But it’s not the work, hard or otherwise that creates anything. DOing creates nothing. It’s that belief that creates. We say, skip the hard work and choose to believe you can write whatever you want into the screenplay of your movie. And you can, and you will.
9. Science is creating not discovering. More specifically, you are creating the scientists in Your World, and what they come up with as ideas about Your World, will be what you expect them to. The only things that exist in that world of yours are what you “know” about or what you “know” are possible. If you read some new “facts”, they will always be filling in detail between the lines you have already drawn in your coloring book. So when you read “Studies have shown …” just remember, this is your world. It will always be a mirror-image of you. If you change what you choose to believe and expect, and practice that new choice into the fabric of your being, you will change, and your context with change to match the new you. You can have your world be any way you want it to be.
10. You don’t have to take a leap of faith. The Absolutes of who you are and why you’re here, are simple. And not just simple, they make sense. You don’t have to suspend logic or buy into some elaborate complex theology, because it is our knowing that this fundamental explanation is both simple and logical. Your particular story, this movie called Your Life On Earth, will be as elaborate as you choose to make it, but there’s nothing complex about the foundation beneath it upon which it is built. So if all this makes sense to you, you can test these ideas. Pick some simple things about which you’re not too fixed in your thinking and try creating different outcomes. Use some of the techniques we’ve suggested, and watch how things can change.
So there you are – ten different ways of looking at the world, Perhaps you thought you weren’t even seeking answers about who you are and why you’re here, but at some point you all do, that is your nature. We sit out here in non-physical mixing it up with different aspects of you, and from that place, we are offering you our view of what reality really is. It is our perspective on things.
These ideas are one elegantly simple theory of everything. As always, take what feels good. Leave the rest. If you’re just starting out with this, and if you can accept the possibility that it’s your choices that are creating everything, we suggest you simply try it out. Each small success at making a change will build your confidence. Then the better it gets, the better it gets.
And we are here, as always, to respond to your questions, and describe to you as best we can what the Universe looks like from our vantage point.